mail problems

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Fri Feb 27 08:05:05 UTC 2004

You would probably have to work on this with your ISP. 10.x.x.x. is a
private address range that is basically used behind firewalls. This is
so that companies could have a Class A, B, or C address but only need a
few external real addresses. Your ISPs firewall would have to be in the
MX record for your domain and it would have to be set up to forward port
25 to your internal box. Otherwise, there is no way you will receive
email as the 10.x.x.x range is non-routeable over the Internet. (The
other private ranges are 172.16.10.x and 192.168.x.x) Your best bet is
to get with your ISP and work this out. Good luck.
Ed.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer