Re: mail problems

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 07:47:15AM -0500, DavidMaxWaterman netscape net wrote:
> We have never been able to receive email from the
> internet. Email sent to use does not bounce.
>
> The domain we want our email address in also has a web
> server, but it is in the US (we're in China). It
> doesn't seem to matter what we put on the left of the
> domain, it still resolves to the same ip address. The
> domain is <jingmei.org>.

Mail for jingmei.org goes to mail.jingmei.org.  This in turn gets
received by mail.vividmedia.net.  It's mail.vividmedia.net that is
responsible for ensuring that the mail they receive for jingmei.org gets
delivered to the right internal mail server that you run.  You need to
follow up with them to see why it's not getting to you.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org