Mixing IDE and IDE-SCSI emulation on a Channel

Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> willem at top.health.gov.za
Fri Feb 27 09:10:00 UTC 2004

Hi,
Try moving your cdrom (hdd) to the "hdb" position if posible.
If you cannot due to some or other reason, double check the master/slave
settings on the cdwriter and cdrom.

If you really need to have the cdwriter seen as a cdrom on ide, you can
always make another entry in your lilo.conf or grub.conf.
The one you are using now, as you know, has an append hdc=ide-scsi entry.
Make another entry for the same kernel under a different label without
that
entry.
In one machine, i have a cdwriter where you have yours and a harddisk
(ide) on hdd.
I have no problems with that setup.
Regards, Willem