Using mod_auth_mysql for Apache

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Fri Feb 27 14:23:04 UTC 2004

Hello all!

I have a question about mod_auth_mysql. I installed the rpms for
Apache(2.x) and Mysql and I can see the module is in the
/etc/httpd/modules dirctory:

mod_auth_mysql.so

However I do not see this added in the httpd.conf file. I also checked
what modules are loaded statically with the httpd -l command, and it
wasn't listed.

The reference material I have is a bit vague so I'm hoping that someone
can help me out as this is the first time I'm setting this up. The
material covers  Apache 1.x and 2(at the same time) so I'm not sure what I
have to do (if anything)

I'm assuming that I have to add this module to the Dynamic Shared Object
support section of the httpd.conf:

auth_mysql_module modules/mod_auth_mysql.so

Is this correct?

Also, my reference material also indicates I need to add a line to the
httpd.conf to give mod_auth_mysql the parameters it needs to connect to
MySQL:

Auth_MySQL_Info hostname user password

Is this right? Where in the httpd.conf should this be placed.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

James