aliases

Matt Hollingsworth maudit at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 27 23:57:01 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I am trying to set some abbreviated aliases to run programs.  My general
practice is to hit Alt/F2 which brings up the Run command KDesktop
window.  I have been setting my aliases in my .bashrc file.  I'm still
very green at this, so am not sure of what PATH the run command window
looks at when it launches.  Does it have it's own "." file?  Or, does it
just exist before a shell does, so isn't looking at any shell specific
file for prefs?  I'd like to set up some basic aliases to launch
quicker.  So, if anybody knows how to set up the aliases for this,
please let me know.  Could be great.  Been using them a lot with .bashrc
and I think it's the best thing since...   well since....  the color
green.

Hell, I dunno.  Any help would be fantastisch.

Besest,

-Matt