RH9 - Mouse & Modem

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Fri Jul 2 01:21:52 UTC 2004

On July 1, 2004 06:08 pm, Fernando Mattos Trapnell wrote:
> Hi ...
> I´ve installed Red Hat9 here, but I can´t put my mouse to work, it´s a
> Labtec Wheel optical Mouse.
> RH9 supports this kind of mouse? And I don´t know how to config the
> Modem too..
>
> I never installed Linux before... I use it only at work monitoring
> servers and etc..
> Anyone knows where I could get more information?
>
> Thaks...

Hi,
for the mouse, as root, run 'mouseconfig'
(I use a cordless wheel mouse at home and an optical wheel mouse at work, both
work [all functions] perfectly)

If your mfg is not listed, try a "generic wheel mouse".

For the Modem, sorry but I haven't used one in a while, but you could start
with kppp (or is it kdial) if your in KDE.

One of the best sources for Linux info (besides this list:) is The Linux
Documentation Project (www.tldp.org)
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce