vsftpd problems

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Fri Jul 2 13:11:03 UTC 2004

Dan,
*please* bottom-post, it makes it so much easier to follow the thread...
I've tried to reorder this into a comprehensible conversation (apologies
if the order isn't perfect!)
<continuing at base...>

---
From: "Dan" <dsaults at comcast.net>
To: <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Subject: vsftpd problems
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:17:38 -0400

Redhat Linux 9 2.6.7

After installing vsftpd via redhat rpm, I notice that any user has full
access to the system and can modify and delete files any where. It seems
vsftpd is ignoring permissions.

How can I go about fixing this? I don't know what I am looking for in the
config file for vsftp.

Thanks
Daniel
-----