linux remote processes..

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat Jul 3 21:05:12 UTC 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 5:03 PM, bruce wrote:

> does anyone have any pointers to perl code on how to create remote
> processes
> on another machine...
>
> basically, i'd like to know how to create a perl app to run another
> perl app
> on another remote machine.... (the cleint perl app would exist on the
> client
> machine..)
>
> haven't run across anything in cpan, or google that demonstrates how to
> accomplish this..

As with most things Perl, there are many ways to accomplish your task.
However, you didn't really list any requirements, so it's hard to give
good answers (GIGO).  Some basic concepts might be something as simple
as running commands through Net::SSH::Perl, or something complex like a
"trigger" event using Net::SNMP or some sort of simple HTTP::Daemon
socket.

P.S.  This isn't at ALL appropriate for the redhat-list.  I suggest you
post to PerlMonks (http://www.perlmonks.org).  The folks there are
excellent.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE