iso and cdrecord

Stephen W winstephen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 22:48:54 UTC 2004

I have received a 3 DVD set from Novell called Linux
"Technical Resources Kit."  It contains several SuSe
resources including, Enterprise Server, Groupwise,
RedCarpet, ConsoleOne, as well as SuSE 8.2 and SuSE
9.1. All files are in is0 format.

>From my Googling around it seems all I need to do is
follow these instructions:

Instructions using Linux cdrecord

   1. Insert a blank CD into the CD writer.
   2. Run the following command:
      cdrecord -v -eject westwood-1874.iso
   3. If you haven't set the defaults in
/etc/cdrecord.conf you may have to specify the device
and the speed on the command line.

Subsituting of course the file name on the DVD for the
name westwood-1874.iso.

It is that simple?

Surely I miss something?

Thanks,