LVM question

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jul 15 21:00:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 04:55:25PM -0400, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I created filesystems through LVM. I wanted to increase the size of one
> filesystem   and I did the following:
>
> Linuxserver# lvm
> LVM> lvresize /dev/ROOTVG/LogVol04 --size 3000
>
> Once I do that I give lvdisplay I see the increased size but when I do
> df I don't see the increased size. Why is that?? Am I missing something

You've extended the logical volume but not the file system.  You need to
do a resize2fs now.  Note that the file system must be unmounted before
you can resize it.

In the future, use e2fsadm instead - it acts as a front-end to lvextend,
lvreduce, and resize2fs.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA