Spamassassin milter modifying message body

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Mon Jul 19 16:30:26 UTC 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 10:49, Eucke Warren wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am running spamassassin milter with Sendmail.  When spam is
> detected the subject line and the message body are altered.  What I
> want is only for the subject line to be modified or for a new
> message to be created with the original message as an attachment
> unaltered.  I see that this is done (or appears to be done) with
> version 2.63 of spamassassin or pre-release development version 3.
> I see no mention of the milter though.  Has anyone implemented
> this?  Google's been really thin with the searching I have been
> doing.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> -Eucke

spamass-milter has a parameter (-m) that will either allow (default)
the message to be modified as SpamAssassin suggests or prohibit
modification (Subject, Content-Type, and Message Body).

man spamass-milter

SpamAssassin can be set up in a number of different ways and it sounds
like you're interested in the parameters "rewrite_subject" and
"report_safe".

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

Regards,  Mike Klinke