page won't load

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Jul 25 23:21:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:59:04AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:42:46 -0700 (PDT), Stephen W wrote:
>
> > Using RH 9.0 and firefox 0.8.
> >
> > I cannot load this URL:
>
> What does "cannot load" mean?

When I went to duplicate it, if you click on "Skip Intro" or wait for it
to finish, you only get a blank page.

> > http://www.lafayettelofts.com.
>
> The dot at the end is a mistake, too.

Actually the trailing dot is valid and part of the spec.  It means that
the name is fully qualified you should not try to add your default
domain to it.

> > I was able to go to my windows box and open it with IE
> >  :(
> >
> > What is wrong with my RH/Firefox?
>
> Works fine for me (Fedora Core 1 currently):
>
> $ rpm -q firefox flash-plugin
> firefox-0.9.1-0.fdr.3
> flash-plugin-7.0.25-1

Really? After the intro finishes, I just got a blank page.  I've got a
newer firefox and the same version of flash.  The first page in flash is
just fine - it's the page after that that's got the problem.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org