Problem with ISE TCAD... "version GLIBC_2.0 not defined"

Michelangelo Calatino michelangelo.calatino at adstorino.it
Thu Jul 29 09:29:39 UTC 2004

Hi Steven,

 It seems the loader being used is different whether you run the program
from root or from user accounts.

Usually there is file, which is actually a link :

/usr/bin/libdl.so.x

following the link, ( and eventually stumbling across
you end up finding the version libdl-xx-uu.so  being used.
For example :

pc474 /usr/lib 34 > ls -l libdl.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Aug 26  2003 libdl.so ->
../../lib/li
bdl.so.2*
pc474 /usr/lib 35 > ls -l ../../lib/libdl.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Aug 26  2003
../../lib/libdl.so.2 ->
libdl-2.2.5.so*

The program you are using is probably old, probably built on 2.96 gnu tools,
and you're running in a gnu 3.2 friendly environment.

I am very curious about what are the loaders being used with user and root
accounts.
Can you please repeat the steps above in both accounts and send us the
results ?
Thanks

MiC