nfs mounted file system problems

redhat at chamkila.org redhat at chamkila.org
Fri Jul 30 00:40:51 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

I have a nfs share on a solaris 9 box that has not given me any problems
till now.  I recently upgraded a redhat 9 client to fedora that uses this
share and ever since the upgrade I have noticed that every couple of days
(approx. 4 days) this nfs mount becomes unresponsive and all my services
accessing this share hang on the client machine.  I have to re-mount this
nfs share to bring everything back to normal but see the following output
for df -h:

[root at chamkila log]# df -h
/dev/hda2              18G  8.9G  7.9G  54% /
/dev/hda1              99M  6.3M   88M   7% /boot
none                  156M     0  156M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hdd1              37G   34G  1.4G  97% /disk2
192.168.0.5:/shinda    73G   52G   21G  72% /shinda
192.168.0.5:/shinda    73G   52G   21G  72% /shinda
[root at chamkila log]#

I have looked at /var/log/messages and nfs log files on both the server
and the client but they have no information as to what is happening.  I
also made sure that mountd and the nfs processes are running.  I have been
restarting my client to clear up hung processes that I cannot kill -9
either.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--