Java path Tell me

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Jul 1 13:22:40 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 08:29 am, harsh gupta wrote:
> can u tell me the full process of path setting of Java in linux fedora

All you need to do is set the PATH variable in the /etc/bash_profile or
/etc/bashrc, if you want to do it globally and you have root permision. If
you don't have root access, set it in your ~/.bashrc.

Suppose your Java installation is in /usr/j2sdk-1.4.1, then in either
/etc/bashrc or ~/.bashrc, put the following:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/j2sdk-1.4.1/bin

That's all you need to do

RDB

--