cannot exec `cc1'

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Jul 1 14:04:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:43:46 -0700 , Nguyen, Long P (Mission Systems) wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> It looks like on the system - it's already there..
>
> [root at seahawk root]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
> gcc-3.3.2-1
> gcc-gnat-3.2-7
> libgcc-3.2-7
> libgcc-3.3.2-1
> gcc-g77-3.2-7
> gcc-java-3.2-7
> gcc-c++-3.2-7
> gcc-3.2-7

Huh? Both GCC 3.3.2 and 3.2 are installed, which looks like you --force
installed them. The installation is broken now. Most likely you need to
erase all 'gcc', 'libgcc' and 'libstdc++' packages and reinstall them
_cleanly_. Decide on one version of GCC unless the packages are made
to coexist (which I doubt if /usr/bin/gcc is in both packages).