sendmail waiting at boot time

Anish Mathew nedumannilanish at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 06:05:42 UTC 2004

sendmail is trying to identify the FQDN ie why it's
waiting
if u want to avoid starting sendmail while booting
use
chkconfig --level 35 sendmail off

if u want to change the settings permanently in the
sendmail configuration file
edit the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and regenerate the
sendmail.cf file.. but i dont know which option go
with the sendmail.mc

i am not a sendmail expert

so sendmail gurus please comment.

well i have a question now
can we edit the
 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
and add Dj$w.{your-domain}..

to avoid sendmail hanging for a while when booting..
is that the right way.. ?

Anish

-- Shiraz Baig <shiraz_baig at yahoo.com> wrote: > Sir,