Boot without keyboard

Philip Gaskell pdgaskell at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 10:12:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm running rh9 with kernel version 2.4.20-8 and my box won't boot without a keyboard. I've told BIOS to ignore checking for the keyboard, and the grub bootloader starts then starts to load linux but then linux just hangs. I've heard about using keyboard dongles or even plugging a mouse into the keyboard socket to make it work, but surely there is a better alternative, somewhere in the configuration.

By the way the box will boot fine without a mouse or monitor

I've searched high and low all over google and can't seem to find anything other than the solutions mentioned before, which I don't think are at all a worthwhile solution

thanks

Phil