Change default core dump mail recipient

Steve Johnson maillist at sjohnson.info
Mon Jul 5 13:35:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to change the default mail
recipient of core dump files? We have a local application and whenever a
core dump occurs, a mail is sent to the user that was running the
application.

What I would need is that this mail is instead delivered to the email
address that we have set up for our developers. Is there any way to do
this?

I can't just create mail aliases or redirections either, because valid
mail is sent to the users through this system as well.

Any hints appreciated.

Tks,
Steve Johnson