Package gd-1.8

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Jul 7 11:40:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:58:56PM -0400, Ryan Golhar wrote:
> Why is the gd rpm so out-of-date?  The current version is 2.0.22,
> however version 1.8.4 is listed on RedHat's site.  Any idea why?

For which version of Red Hat Linux?

Red Hat Enteprise Linux was frozen sometime last fall I believe.  If gd
2 was not production ready at that time, it would not have been
included.

The current version is actually 2.0.27.  Although the gd library history
has a pretty good history on his site with what changes were made in
each release, he doesn't give any indication as to when those versions
were released.

Nothing stops you from grabbing a more recent gd distribution yourself
and upgrading.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA