Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

Steven D. Haughton shaughto at ee.ucr.edu
Wed Jul 7 16:25:38 UTC 2004

I changed my system-auth file to look like the one Steve Rigler showed me.
So it has the line "password sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
use_authtok".
This is my system-auth file now:

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore
service_err=ignore system_err=ignore] /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5 shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so
session     optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

Yet, I still can not log on as any users, only as root.
I am going to add the debug command to end of each line and see if that
sheds any light on the problem.

--
Steven