Spam and Anti-Virus

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Wed Jul 7 18:15:34 UTC 2004

Crucificator <crucificator at home.ro> wrote:
> Recently I tried bitdefender for postfix and it worked very well. If
> you have the resources you should try a licensed av solution for the
> ease of administration. I am not lazy but time is money and for this
> I give a black ball for clam solutions.

I find this quite amusing.  I am a rather neophyte Linux admin (have
staff people who do most of my Linux sysadmin for me), but I was able to
install & configure ClamAV on my personal Linux box in about an hour.
Since it updates it's own definations, I haven't spent any more time on
it.

Compared to the previous AV software we had (RAV - a commercial
package), ClamAV had LESS time investment.

--

Chris Barnes                                 AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                      Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                         ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                           fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University