Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

Rigler, Steve SRigler at MarathonOil.com
Thu Jul 8 11:30:17 UTC 2004

Assuming this is OpenLDAP and logging is set to a decent level
(see the "loglevel" directive in the slapd.conf and read
"man slapd.conf" to find out what the different loglevels do),
you can find out where it is doing logging by looking for
"local4.*" in the /etc/syslog.conf.

Logging might not be turned on.  I usually only turn it on when
I'm trying to debug a problem (which requires a restart of slapd).

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 7:05 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

I can log in as root to my ldap server....
My boss set up the ldap domain so I really have not spent much time in
that server.
I looked for the log files, but cannot find them...  The usually
var/log/messages file is empty.
Where should I look for some log files pertaining to the ldap info I
seek?

--
Steven