failed to load ehci-hcd.o module on WS3.0 EL kernel

Yasushi Okubo yasushi at cabm.rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 9 18:40:23 UTC 2004

We are having problem to use USB2.0 related device such as external
drive or flash disk on regualr linux kernel.   I found out that
ehci-hcd.o module on smp kernel [e.g. 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp] load this
module fine, but regular kernel [2.4.21-15.0.3.EL] failed to load it:
=== error ===
./ehci-hcd.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
== dmesg ==
[root at venus host]# dmesg |grep hcd
hcd.c: Found HC with no IRQ.  Check BIOS/PCI 00:03.3 setup!
hcd.c: Found HC with no IRQ.  Check BIOS/PCI 00:03.3 setup!

When I checked bios setting screen, I do not see anything related to PCI
setup.
Is there any way to load this module without recompiling module ?

Thanks,