RH8.0 to Fedora2 migration using DVD-ROM

Hans-Olof Hansson hansolof.hansson at spray.se
Sat Jul 10 12:42:28 UTC 2004

I'm planning to migrate my RH8.0 environment to Fedora2 using med newly bought DVD-RW reader/writer. So far
with-out minimum success.

I have, however, managed so far do do the following:
- Download the (very) large Fedora 2 Core DVD iso-file
- Enabled ATAPI support for my IDE DVD-writer. It is found by 'cdrecord -scanbus'
    and X-CD-Roast also identifies the proper device and make of the writer

But, none of the CD-writing programs found in RH8 or using Red-Carpet, seems to be able to write a DVD iso-image.
However, CD-ROMs of diffent sizes and types are all OK. I have so far not managed to find a DVD-writer to use. Not
even from Commercial DVD-writer demo-software.

What I need, in short, is a program that could write the Fedora2 DVD iso-file to DVD-R on my RH8.0 system. Anyone
who know about such a program?

Thanks in advance.
Hans-Olof Hansson