Quotas and deleted users

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Mon Jul 12 18:37:06 UTC 2004

The /home partition is on one machine being NFS shared to a bunch of
others.  There are no copies except on a backup server, but the transfer
to backup is one-way.

I thought that the files might be in someone else's directory, but
doesn't the permission of the file automatically get set to the owner of
the directory?

The only other thing I can think of is that the quota file needs to be
recreated...

Ryan