up2date moving files

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Jul 13 12:48:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 07:27:23AM -0500, Schmeits, Roger wrote:
> Is there a way to force up2date to install from our own ftp server? I have
> built an AS 3 server and now in need to rebuild it. I was going to move the
> files (var/spool/up2date/) to the ftp server and have up2date pull the files
> from there after the rebuild.

up2date -k

This will still contact RHN to determine what updates you need, but will
search a local repository for the actual packages first before
downloading them.  You'll want to nfs-mount the directory with the files
rather than making them available by ftp.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org