Problem: php not working with apache on RedHat 9.0

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Wed Jul 14 04:02:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Margaret Doll wrote:

> I found on one of the RedHat archives that said:
>
> "I havenchecked the lists lateley, b but I do not believe PHP works with
> Apache 2.x,  Upgrade/downgrape to apache 1.3x.  Check the PHP and Apache
> sites for changes. "

This used to be the case when apache2 was still rather new (2.0.2x afaik)
but the later versions of apache and php are designed to co-operate
nicely.

Apache2 rpms and php that ships with redhat 9.0 does work nicely together,
have you done something such as an upgrade to get to redhat 9 ? if this is
the case then you may find that your old httpd.conf file has been saved
and is being used. if i remember rightly they moved the configuration for
php out into /etc/httpd/conf.d and the httpd.conf file includes this
directory on loadup.check to ensure that there is a php config file in
this directory and that it has the correct php configuration directives.

On my RH9 system here the file contains..

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter handle files with a .php extension.
#
<Files *.php>
     SetOutputFilter PHP
     SetInputFilter PHP
     LimitRequestBody 52428800
</Files>

and the main httpd.conf file contains the lines..

# Load config files from the config directory "/etc/httpd/conf.d".
Include conf.d/*.conf

I am guessing that you have a non-standard installation if it is not
working out of the box.

--
Steve.