Open Box

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Jul 15 13:39:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:25:12 +0200, Duncan wrote:

> does this mean nmanaged to login into the server ,

No. Connection comes before authentication (if any), so even a simple
"telnet 1.2.3.4 smtp" triggers such a log message when sendmail is
listening.

> opened a port but did
> not do anything or someone was trying open a port to use to spam . I have
> hit the wall

Whether someone can use the server to distribute spam, cannot be seen
from these messages. It would need further log entries on something
which had been submitted to the server.

Btw, learn to reply below quoted relevant content. It's a matter of
general netiquette.