Hostname and IP address during kickstart

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Jul 15 13:51:52 UTC 2004

I'm sorry.  I should take my time when writing messages.

My DHCP server has static entries for this group of machines (both name
and IP address).  When I source /etc/sysconfig/network, $HOSTNAME is
set.  I then use host to lookup the IP address (not hostname).  I script
is:

Source /etc/sysconfig/network
IPADDR=`host $HOSTNAME | cut -f 4 -d ' '`
echo ...

Ryan