Update using update2 iso

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jul 15 19:03:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:35:13AM -0500, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:
> I can't use the internet to update my RH installs because I am behind a MS
> proxy server.

I just set up a system this morning that's behind an MS proxy server and
it works fine.  On the setup page, check the box for proxy server, and
then tell it you want to use authenticated connections.  Enter your
domain username and password there and you're set to go.  Assuming, of
course, that your proxy server is set up like ours and I'll admit to
being fairly ignorant about MS proxy servers (long live squid!).

        .../Ed

> I would like to update my vanilla RH ES 3.0 servers using the
> update2 iso's.  I can mount the iso's, but I haven't been able to figure out
> how to actually get the OS to update via the mounted image.  Is there a doc
> out there that outlines this process, or does anyone have a quick method of
> accomplishing this task?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

I would think you would boot off the first CD and then do an upgrade but
I haven't tried this.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA