problems receiving e-mail to my server redux

Ed McCorduck Ed.McCorduck at Cortland.edu
Fri Jul 16 09:40:51 UTC 2004

Hi, thanks for your reply. As I indicated in my original message, in
fact I previously sought help on this issue at another forum, and I have
reproduced the part of the advice I got at the site
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu/part2. You will see in the thread
reproduced at this site that I had set up both a zone file and modified
my named.conf file. Specifically, my zone file is named "mccorduck.zone"
and its contents are the following:

$TTL 3D

@ IN SOA www.mccorduck.ws. hostmaster.mccorduck.ws. (
4 ; serial
28800 ; refresh
7200 ; retry
604800 ; expire
86400 ; ttl
)

NS www

mccorduck.ws. MX 10 mail
localhost A 127.0.0.1
www A 24.24.15.155
mail CNAME www

(And following the advice I was given at that forum, I always increment
the serial number when I make a change to the file.) And also following
the directions I modified my named.conf such that its contents are now

## named.conf - configuration for bind
#
# Generated automatically by redhat-config-bind, alchemist et al.
# Any changes not supported by redhat-config-bind should be put
# in /etc/named.custom
#
controls {

inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndckey; };

};

include "/etc/named.custom";

include "/etc/rndc.key";

zone "mccorduck.ws" {

type master;
notify no;
allow-query { any; };
file "mccorduck.zone";

};

zone "155.15.15.24.in-addr.arpa" {

type master;
notify no;
file "155.15.15.24";

};

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
ICQ: http://mccorduck.cortland.edu/pager
AIM: EdMcCorduck