xfs not starting at boot

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Jul 17 12:45:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 16:16, rahul b jain cs student wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I boot my system, the GUI does not come up. Looking through the log
> messages and the error message thrown by xserver, I figured out that xfs
> is not starting after the machine boots up. Does anyone have any ideas on
> how to start xfs on bootup as it should. I am using redhat 9.0.
/sbin/chkconfig --list xfs
will tell you which runlevels it is configured for.
if it is not set up correctly, ie on in levels 2345
then you can set it on with the command:
chkconfig xfs on
and then try the --list command above again to make sure.
if you want specific rather than default runlevels, try
chkconfig xfs --level 2345 on
or whichever runlevels you happen to like.

HTH

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX