Maintaining Linux Desktop (RH WS 3.0)

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Tue Jul 20 11:01:58 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 11:22, rm -rf Slash wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working in a big company with more than 600 Linux
> workstations and I am searching right now for a
> program or a way to maintain the workstations and
> update them (rpms, files...) when I want.
>
> Is there anyway to do all that? I only found apt.
>

> BTW: We are using “Linux Redhat Workstation 3.0”
>
> Thank you,

You could use autorpm ( www.autorpm.org ). I use it to maintain about
500 workstations in various labs.

It's very easy to configure. You can configure a single server which
downloads the latest rpm updates from a redhat server or mirror each
night and then use a cron job on the workstations to update each night.

Regards,

Tony

--

Tony Molloy.