Printing failing

Hugo Dominguez hdominguez2 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:52:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

Recently I have had trouble with cups printing. I can't say for
sure what changes I applied to my system to caused it. but I am
pretty sure the only thing I applied have been Redhat updates.
When I try to print it get:

lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

Any printer related utility comes up with the same error message.
GUI utilities do not detect my printer even though it is listed
in the queue and entered in /etc/printcap. I am prompted to add
a new printer, which I have several times. What I have done:

Reinstalled CUPS
Added Printer several times
Rebooted
Googled problem but found no answers
Enabled CUPS debug mode, intresting log entries below:
Possible DoS attack - more than 10 clients connecting from 127.0.0.31!
Scheduler shutting down due to SIGTERM ( without any intervention by me)
Localhost allowed all services in hosts.allow

Any ideas.

Hugo