Postfix Question

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jul 22 11:42:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 11:28:42AM +0100, Stuart Pittwood wrote:
> I'm having a play with postfix on a redhat box & haven't got very far.
>
> Whenever I issue the postfix start command I get the following error
> message :
>
> postfix/postfix-script: Warning : /var/spool/postfix/etc/localtime and
> etc/localtime differ.
>
> & postfix doesn't start.
>
> Can anyone offer any solutions to this

If you type in the exact message above into a Google search bar (I cut
and pasted yours), you'll get the answer in one of the links on the
first screen.  For me, it was the 3rd hit.

> I'm a new Linux user so you can expect lots of simple questions from me
> :-))

We really don't mind simple questions, but we would prefer that posters
at least attempt to do some research themselves first.  Typing in an
error message into Google and finding the answer in 15 seconds suggests
to me that you didn't do any.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA