[Help] Strange Linux server no response problem, fixed by hitting ENTER at console!

Charles charles at aib.net
Fri Jul 23 02:07:34 UTC 2004

Dear all,

Thanks for so many responses!

To Alex:
No there is no screen saver service running at the server, and it is a text based server with no X-Window system installed.

To asterr:
The server is put at the data center and with no keyboard nor serial console connected, maybe not related to SysReq signal

I reported this to my boss last night and we agreed to replace only the cpu and motherboard to have a try.
If it is purely a hardware problem, I hope it will get fixed soon!

Best Regards,
Charles