Sendmail Conf

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 24 22:37:56 UTC 2004

Greetings Snehangshu ,

Snehangshu Karmakar wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Can anyone suggest me with basic sendmail conf to be done to send
> mail accross my local mail.

I guess you want to sent emails accross your local domain .
You mean that you have a DNS Server setup at 192.168.1.4 while
your MTA ( Mail Transfer Agent ) , the machine that runs sendmail
at 192.168.1.112

> I have a nameserver at 192.168.1.4 ip and domain configured as
> xyz.abc.com and now i want to configure my linux box as Sendmail
> Server  my ip is 192.168.1.12 without the use of MX entry in DNS.

Well when you sent emails accross the local domain you don't need
MX records . The MX records are looked for whenever you want to sent
an email to a remote host ( a machine outside your domain ) .

Indeed as the previous poster said it is the sendmail.mc
( If you have a sendmail version  8.12.* then it is the
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc ) file that needs to be setup properly .
If you have the *.tar.gz file untar it and then go to the
/doc/op/ directory and  "make op.txt" then open op.txt with
your favourite editor and look for local mail .

Kind Regards ,
   Kostas