Fetchmail Polling Interval?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Jul 26 11:33:52 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 07:26:54AM -0400, Harding, Devon wrote:
> Hi, I used Webmin to configure fetchmail to pull from my ISP and
> forward to my Exchange server.  That worked fine.  Then only problem
> I'm having, is that it doesn't automatically check for messages until
> I click 'Check Servers'.  How do I have it automatically check for new
> messages every 60 seconds?

By default, fetchmail runs once and exits.  I haven't a clue where a
"Check Servers" command sits in relation to fetchmail.  Exchange
certainly won't trigger a fetchmail polling cycle.

man fetchmail

Look at the daemon mode.  Also consider putting fetchmail in cron.

Also look in /usr/share/doc/fetchmail-<version> for some online doc and
FAQ.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA