data & mail backup

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Tue Jul 27 13:18:06 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 04:34, NYINYI wrote:

>   I'm using Redhat 9 .When my hard disk down , I want to backup my
> data and mail all . But I format this hard disk again and again . I
> have got nothings. How can i backup from my disk.
> if it is MS OS ,it is easy to backup .

Note that this isn't an Instant Messenger channel.  You should expect
to wait for as long as a day or three before people read and answer
your questions.  More than likely, you will put people off from even
considering your question by repeated postings every few minutes.

As to your backup question, the RH9 documentation discusses quite a
few options for you to consider:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-storage-backups.html

Also the archives hold many conversations about backing up since this
topic comes up several times a week.  Here is a good link for the
archives in addition to the link in the message header:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

Regards,  Mike Klinke