OOT - Postfix relay_domains and tranport

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Wed Jul 28 08:48:49 UTC 2004

Hello Mike,

Friday, July 16, 2004, 6:25:05 PM, you wrote:

MB> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Budi Febrianto wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>>   I have one RHL 8.0 server with postfix installed that will relay all
>>   emails to domain xyz.com to internal mail server.
>>
>>   Configuration:
>>   in main.cf:
>>   relay_domains =  $mydestination, xyz.com
>>
>>   and in transport
>>   xyz.com    smtp:internal.mailserver.com
>>
>>   So far it works. I can receive all emails from outside in internal
>>   mail server.
>>
>>   My question is, if the connection between postfix server to internal
>>   mail server is lost, will postfix keep the emails and resend it
>>   again after the connection restored?
>>   Or postfix will bounce the emails back as undelivery or else?

MB> Postfix will hold the message and retry delivery to the internal server
MB> for up to 5 days.
MB> --
MB> Mike Burger
MB> http://www.bubbanfriends.org

    If I have domain xyz.com.
    the postfix server is smtp.xyz.com and the internal mail server is
    mail.xyz.com.
    will the transport xyz.com         smtp:mail.xyz.com still works?

    because i'm affraid that because it have the same domain, the
    email will not be forwarded to mail.xyz.com.

--
Best regards,
 Budi Febrianto (mailto:bfebrian at gmx.net)

If it's not installed, it can't be hacked.