PS/2 Mouse Configuration

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Tue Jun 1 01:37:50 UTC 2004

On May 31, 2004 04:22 pm, Nestor Waldyd wrote:
> >> Hi...
> >>
> >> I am trying to configurate my PS/2 Mouse on RedHat 7.1... I have tryed
> >> editing the XF86Config file, using mouseconfig utility, using
> >> Xconfigurator, and others with no result....
> >>
> >> How can i solve this?

Hi,
Is this a replacement for a serial or a new install or...?

First you need to find out if the mouse works at all (without X)?
If X is running, logout of X thern use ctl-alt-F1,
log in as root and enter  '/etc/init.d/gpm status'
If gpm is not running, then try  '/etc/init.d/gpm start'

What happens when you run /usr/sbin/mouseconfig? Does it error or does it
finish ok but still no mouse?
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce