Internet connection

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Wed Jun 2 01:18:10 UTC 2004

On June 1, 2004 05:28 pm, Toto Gamez wrote:
> I have set up a Dial-in server RH9 using mgetty. How would I give internet
> access to the dial-up client using iptables with this in my ppp/options
> 192.168.100.1:192.168.100.2? When dial-up client is connected I cant ping
> 192.168.100.2, I dont have any firewall and I also issue iptables -F
>

> Thanks
> Toto

Hi,
It sounds like it may be a routing issue, although I haven't worked with
dial-in services. If it is feasable on this box during testing, I would stop
iptables ('service iptables stop') until everything else is functional.

What does the routing ('route' or 'netstat -rn') look like with the connection
established on server?

Is the client getting a default route set to the ppp interface?  ('route' or
'netstat -rn')

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce