Mail Server

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jun 2 21:49:20 UTC 2004

At 14:50 6/2/2004, Vivek Kumar wrote:
>Currently we have internal email system. All the mails comes in to the
>firewall box and gets forwarded to Advance server box and I have
>sendmail, anti-virus and spamassassin running on this box and after the
>mail is processed/checked it gets forwarded to the MS exchange server
>box for distribution. Outbound mails comes from MS exchange server to
>Linux Server and then goes out.
>Our management wants that people on field should be able to look into
>their mailbox from outside world when they are travelling.

While I cannot actually help you solve this specific problem, do allow me
to suggest that your setup is complex enough (and is costing you enough
money via that nice, expensive Exchange license) that your *best* solution
might well be to replace Exchange altogether and only use Linux. After all,
every incoming and outgoing mail message already goes through a Linux
server... why not just store them there already?

There should be several different ways to do this depending on your
specific circumstances, budget, and the features of Exchange which you do
or do not use.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz