Problems with large NFS server

Paul Crossman pcrossma at orange.us
Thu Jun 3 15:01:31 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up a large NFS server with RHEL ES3, and
we're already seeing problems.

The NFS server works for a time, then all of a sudden when a client
tries to reach the NFS server they're presented with this.

ls: .: Operation not permitted

Users access filesystems via amd so that they can use the
/net/hostname/path forms.

In the log on the server all I see is the following when access is
tried.

Jun  3 10:58:45 speech kernel: nfsd: request from insecure port
(c0a8b30e:32775)!
Jun  3 10:58:45 speech last message repeated 5 times
Jun  3 10:58:45 speech kernel: nfsd: request from insecure port
(c0a8b30e:32776)!

I am personally at a loss at this point.

I've tried using 8, 16, & 24 nfsd processes, and I'm coming up empty
searching the redhat knowledgebase.

Thoughts anyone?

Paul C.