Accessing private information

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Sun Jun 6 14:57:30 UTC 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 08:03, Rudolf A wrote:
> For example my computer IP is 192.168.1.21, and my server eth1 IP
> is 192.168.1.1 and I am chating in yahoo messenger.
> I want to see my yahoo messenger texts on the server. For TCPDUMP
> what is the command to dump that text ?.

As a start you might want to watch traffic on ports 5100, 5101, 5050,
5001 so a likely command may be:

tcpdump -nX -s 1500 port 5100

You may want to zero in by also selecting known yahoo servers, for
example:

http://seclists.org/lists/firewall-wizards/2002/Apr/0082.html

If you use the google search engine you can find quite a bit of
information on this topic in the security oriented web sites.

Regards,  Mike Klinke