How to renew apache ssl certificate?

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:25:28 UTC 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 10:15 am, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> > >   The certificate needs to be renewed; this can be done
> > >   using the 'genkey' program supplied with Red Hat
> > >   Enterprise Linux.
> >
> > See here on how to create the certificate:
> > https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/s
> > ysadmin-guide/
> >
> > look at chapter 27:Apache HTTP Secure Server Configuration HTH.
>
> I had read that before. It explains how to create a certificate, which I
> had done a year ago. But, I didn't see anywhere on how to renew a
> certificate. Do I need to delete my current certificate and create a new
> one? Or, can I just renew the one I have?

If you created your own self-signed certificate, I don't see why you can't
just delete and create a new one. That's what I would try anyway.
If you paid for the certificate, then I don't really know how to renew. I've
never even bought a certificate before :), so I can't help there.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy