RedHat 9 stops routing internal packets? Begging for helphere..... please...

c_ elber c_elber at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:46:12 UTC 2004

>What happens if you turn the firwall off. (Service iptables stop). Also
>check the traceroute result ??
>
>VK

VK;
Thank you so much for the offer of help!  When I do service iptables stop
then I can no longer  ping or traceroute outside addresses from any internal
address.  I can still ping the router itself but not beyond it. For a
traceroute, from a client box, with iptables stopped I get the address of my
router and nothing beyond it. From the router itself I can still access the
outside which is how I'm emailing.

With iptables running I can ping and get a full traced route to a
destination such as www.google.com, from a client box, but I can only bring
up say a small piece of the page in a browser before it times out.
Thanks again,
Jo