Kuduz Issue - RH Enigma 7.2

Ragland, Cole CRagland at firstam.com
Tue Jun 8 05:53:35 UTC 2004

Hello,

I recently intalled Enigma on a Compaq DeskproEN.  But everytime I bootup, I
get a message stating that new hardware has been found -- do you wish to
save configuration, delete it or do nothing.

When i selected 'do nothing', all hardware worked fine i.e. X.  But,
stupidly and because I was tired of the hardware message each time, I
selected 'delete'.  Now my mouse does not work at all in X.

After some drilling, I discovered that hardware information is kept in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf.  So I added the mouse class to the file.  That did
not work.  So I tried to force kuduz to detect mouse by booting up without
the device but no luck.

I guess what I'm asking for is how to force kudzu to see hardware (mouse)
and write to the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf file.  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

cole ragland
mailto:cragland at firstam.com

"MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
 annotations on 06/07/2004 10:53:11 PM
"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM."