3 disks 2 boot partitions

David E. Meier dev at eth0.ch
Thu Jun 10 15:11:19 UTC 2004

Hello list,

I got a small (I guess) problem: I built a new PC with two disks. The
primary disk boots either RH9 or W2K. The second disk is for holding data
only. Both disks are on the same IDE channel.

Now, I got another disk I used in PC that has left life on earth and was
also running RH9. I have plugged it into the sencond IDE channel in order
to recover the data stored on it.

That's what happens now: When boot the new PC it boots off the old (third)
disk and therefore stalling with a bunch of errors. I checked the BIOS and
that disk is not set as the first boot disk. I am puzzeled...

Dave